Frequently Asked Questions
Am I eligible for mymyAPEL?
myAPEL is available to ALL OUM undergraduate learners with prior learning experience who are undertaking programmes through the open market.
Should I apply for myAPEL?
- Do I want my prior learning to be recognised?
- Do I have the skills, knowledge, and prior learning relevant to a university course?
- Do I have evidence to support my prior learning?
If your answers are YES to any one of the above questions, then you should apply for myAPEL.
How to apply for myAPEL?
The myAPEL application is available at myVLE. Follow these steps when submitting your application:
- Login to myVLE
- Click to eServices
- Look for Undergraduate Services & Support
- Click myAPEL Online
- Click on the myAPEL Application
- Read the instructions and complete all the sections including the Knowledge Resume template
- Click ‘Submit’ for submission of the Knowledge Resume.
Where can I obtain more information?
For more information on myAPEL, contact the Centre for Assessment of Prior Learning (CAPL) Institute for Learning Recognition & Accreditation (ILRA) at 03-2773 2556 / 2700. Alternatively, you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.