Benefits for APEL for Credit Award
Benefits to the Learner:
- Increase self confidence and enhance the motivation to continue learning;
- Get access and recognition to higher qualifications;
- Document knowledge, skills and experience better through the preparation of portfolio of evidence;
- Plan for further learning and personal career development;
- Develop analytical and learning skills through the process of undertaking APEL itself;
- Increase mobility and employability; and
- Reduce time and cost.
Benefits to the Institutions:
- Increase access and widen participation for non-conventional learners;
- Support the development of curriculum; and
- Enrich the teaching-learning experience with the presence of nonconventional learners.
Benefits to the Employers:
- Increase motivation and interest in workplace practice on the part of the employees;
- Reduce the amount of time needed to complete a qualification and therefore, requiring less time away from the workplace;
- Generate new ideas and development in the workplace as a result of process of reflection on practice by employees; and
- Improve employee retention, and reduce recruitment and training cost.
Benefits to the Nation:
- Promoting lifelong learning culture as a means of upgrading its workforce in response to global k-economy (knowledge economy) trend;
- Enhancing productivity through the acquisition of skills and knowledge among its workforce; and
- Boosting the nation’s competitiveness at the regional and global levels.