Benefits for APEL for Credit Award
Benefits to the Learner:
- Reduces the duplication of learning on what has already been learnt;
- Bridges the gap between formal education and work/life experience;
- Accelerates the completion of formal education;
- Potential reduction in the cost of studying;
- Obtains academic recognition for informal and non-formal learning from work/life experiences; and
- Serves as an alternative assessment method to evaluate learner’s competencies.
Benefits to the Employer:
- Gains recognition for training and staff development activities as well as workplace learning;
- Reduces the amount of time required by employees to complete a qualification, thus less time away from the workplace;
- Promotes closer collaboration between institution and industry in the development of education/training programmes that integrate the goals of the learners, employers, and institutions.